CDC updates these pages month-to-month.
Measles Situations in 2020
At the time of April 5, 2020, there were 12 verified instances in 7 jurisdictions. *
*Jurisdictions relate to any of the 50 states, New York City, as well as the District of Columbia.
Measles Situations in 2019
- From 1 to December 31, 2019, 1,282* individual cases of measles were confirmed in 31 states january. Of those situations, 128 had been hospitalized and 61 reported having complications, including pneumonia and encephalitis.
- This is actually the number that is greatest of cases reported in the U.S. Since 1992. Significantly more than 73percent regarding the situations had been connected to current outbreaks in ny. Nearly all instances had been among those who are not vaccinated against measles. Measles is more very likely to distribute and cause outbreaks in U.S. Communities where sets of folks are unvaccinated.
- All measles situations had been brought on by measles wild-type D8 or B3.
Wide range of Measles Situations Reported by 12 Months
2010-2019*(as of 31, 2020 january)
*Reporting for 2019 started 30, 2018 december. Instance count is initial and topic to improve.
- Most people whom got measles had been unvaccinated.
- Measles continues to be typical in a lot of areas of the entire world.
- People with measles continue steadily to bring the illness to the U.S.
- Measles can distribute whenever it reaches community in the U.S. Where sets of folks are unvaccinated.
For Information and Media discover materials that are supporting the CDC Newsroom.
In a offered 12 months, more measles situations can happen for almost any associated with the reasons that are following
- An increase in the true amount of tourists whom get measles abroad and carry it to the U.S., and/or
- Further spread of measles in U.S.